May 14, 2019
Registration is open for the 2019 Supporting Women in Trades Conference. Join the 300+ delegates planning to attend and help identify practical action items for making tangible change.
Over two days, the Canadian Apprenticeship Forum – Forum canadien sur l’apprentissage will highlight current initiatives for women in the trades and facilitate sharing of promising practices among change-makers from across Canada’s skilled trades communities. Insights gathered at SWiT 2019 will inform CAF-FCA’s National Strategy for Supporting Women in the Trades. This strategy will help outline how the apprenticeship community will achieve the aspirational goals identified by female apprentices and tradeswomen in the Road Map to Supporting Women in Trades.
Among the event’s agenda items are the following:
• Panel: Apprentices, Tradeswomen & Their Allies
• Plenary Session: Roadmap to Supporting Women in the Trades Turning Conversations to Action
Four breakouts, each with four sessions will discuss
• strategies and resources that support women in the trades
• supportive learning environments
• respectful workplaces
• promoting skilled trades careers to young women
Last year’s event sold out a month early. Check out this year’s event today.