January 26, 2024
By Adrian Trotman, Vice President, Nedco Canada
Gerry Drummond retired from Rexel Canada and the Nedco Banner after 42 years of dedicated service on December 31, 2023. During his career, he held 13 different roles with the Nedco banner.
In his final role as General Manager of Nedco Ontario, Gerry faced a significant challenge when the Save on Energy/LDC program, which had been crucial for the business’s profitability, came to an abrupt end. Undeterred, he swiftly repositioned Nedco Ontario, refocusing its efforts on its core customer, the electric contractors. He led key initiatives such as Project Share and White Glove Service that restored Nedco Ontario’s standing as a leading electrical distributor for small, medium, and large commercial electrical contractors.
As a leader, Gerry believed in and lived the values of Rexel every day.
- ✓ Deliver the best customer experience.
- ✓ Encourage innovation.
- ✓ Engage people to develop their talents and perform at their best.
- ✓ Instill trust and transparency.
- ✓ Make a difference in the lives of your team, your peers, your customers, and your supply partners.
- ✓ Join forces for success. He believed that greatest success could only be achieved when we work together.
I once asked Gerry about his leadership journey, how he became the leader he is today. He humbly attributed it to his upbringing. He acknowledged that his values and guiding principles were instilled in him by his loving parents. Treat people with fairness, respect, be honest and open, creating an environment where individuals feel valued and empowered.
We owe a great debt of gratitude to Gerry for his dedication and commitment to Nedco and Rexel. He will be missed.