May 31, 2021
BCEA is looking ahead at 2021 – 2022 and what the future may bring personally and professionally.
Supporting BCEA programming and serving on the board provides incredible opportunities to expand your network, gain new skills, and enhance your career. BCEA is currently accepting nomination applications for a position on the Board of Directors for a two year term.
As a member of the BCEA, you have the privilege of nominating yourself or other members to serve on the Board of Directors. BCEA invites you to submit yourself or to recommend someone who you think would be a great leader or contributor to one of the committees. Current board members are not automatic shoe-ins, and the membership as a whole has an opportunity to submit themselves, to vote and to get involved!
How do you qualify to serve on the board? It’s simple!
- Be an active member of BCEA in good standing.
- Be willing to fulfill the obligations of the office as outlined in the terms of reference
- Be willing to commit to a contribution of time, energy, and creativity to the association
What are the expectations if elected to the board?
- Serve for a two (2) year term July 2021 to July 2023.
- Attend/participate in quarterly board meetings in person (or virtually). Only two unexcused absences.
- Attend/participate in both 1 ½ – 2 day strategic planning session (2022)
- Support/attend a minimum of two BCEA events each year
Serving on the board is a privilege and a commitment. Becoming a leader in an industry association is real business. Take this as an opportunity to grow personally and professionally and to contribute to the voice for promotion and growth of our industry.
Nominate yourself or another member you know that would be a perfect fit. The final day to submit a nomination is June 30, 2021.
For any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a current board member!